Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Week One.

I can't believe the first week is winding down already. We are in Wallace, ID, just ten miles from Kellogg, where we did our first building project today. After riding over 400 miles this week drywalling was a nice change of pace. It was also amazing to work on a home which helps a family have a simple decent place to live; which is the whole reason we are riding.

After this first week I can feel myself starting to recognize that somedays on the bike will be a struggle both physically and mentally, that when I am tired my patience could run low for my fellow riders and also the opposite as well.

I am wondering how God is being glorified by all of this, by what I do and say. A trip like this really reveals a lot about yourself and others. I am not sure what I will see yet, but if it humbles me and reminds me of God's grace and mercy for a sinner like me I will find it a success.

Thank you everyone for your support. Please keep praying for me and the team. Our adventure is really just beginning and we have so much to learn and do. I am really excited for this week as we ride though Montana and visit West Yellowstone next weekend. Hopefully we don't have any scary interactions with animals...

One last thing before I say good night from the potato state, I did say I would send postcards to my donors throughout this trip as a thank you. However, now that I see how are evenings are and my energy level after these long rides, I think I will wait and send out a letter of thanks after this adventure. Please forgive me and I hope you understand. Thank you all so much for your support!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.1

No comments:

Post a Comment