Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Windy Idaho

These last few days on the bike have been really windy. Today, the wind was gusting at about 25 miles/hr. It is hard to keep going when the wind is blowing that hard. It feels like you are pedaling three times as hard and going so slow that progress is not being made. However, it is and eventually we get to where we are headed!!!

Yesterday the wind was almost spirit breaking, it took us nearly 2 1/2 hours to go 15 miles...but today as we arrived in Utah the winds relented. Hopefully, our ride into Salt Lake will be a little less windy. I would prefer hilly to wind!

I have started to think about what I am learning on this trip and I haven't come up with much yet. But I will say I am having a wonderful time! Its hard to process when there are so many amazing people to get to know. And I think its safe to say I like to talk. :-)

Last Sunday we had adventures in Yellowstone National Park. It was nice to have a day off and see such beautiful scenery. We rented cars and drove through the park and I got to drive one of the cars. It was so strange to drive after almost three weeks of riding or being driven. It was nice though and I "survived" the day driving four men around. We had a great time and the women driver jokes were kept to a minimum. But the best part of the day was laughing as a group and seeing the scenery. We learned the "proper" way to take a group photo and that hot springs are indeed hot...some of the perks of traveling with guys.

Well, one more ride day until we have a day off in Salt Lake! It will be nice to rest and explore a city I have never been to! I will update again soon. Please pray for tailwinds! Thank you all for your support!

Check out the Fuller Center Bike Adventure facebook page for some awesome pictures and updates http://www.facebook.com/BikeAdventure and the Official team blog http://www.fullercenter.org/blogs/bikeadventure

No comments:

Post a Comment