Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Kansas its almost time to say Goodbye...

I am not surprised that Dorothy instantly recognized that she was no longer in Kansas when she entered OZ. Not only was it all in color but it must have been much cooler too. Its been pretty hot here in Kansas this week. We have been waking up very early so we can be on the road by sunrise. Although, I feel a little short on sleep at times, I have seen some gorgeous sunrises this week! I am finding that Kansas has been a pleasant surprise.

I expected it to be flat and a whole lot of nothing until Kansas City. We have certainly had our share of nothing but there have been really nice rolling hills at times and some really cute small towns to ride through. I also expected this week to be the one where I was mental exhausted and ready to go home. And I am happy to report that is not the case at all. I am continuing to enjoy this trip and my fellow riders more and more! Sure there are times when I need some alone time but I am starting feel more like I don't want the trip to end. "Real life" starts then...

I am also finding a rhythm to the trip which is starting to allow for some good processing. Two big questions for me loom: 1. How has this trip changed me? 2. What am I going to do about it?

But while those questions remained unanswered, I am gearing up for a build day this weekend! And my first visit to Kansas City! I am so thankful that God provided a way for me to come on this adventure! I am praying that he receives all the glory, honor and praise. Thank you for your support and check out Facebook  for pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment