Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Utah

As I write this, I am sitting in a library in Craig, CO. I am really excited because our second build day is tomorrow. That means two things, 1. we get to help a family get into a simple decent home and 2. it is a day off the bicycle. Harley and I are getting along pretty good but my legs could use a little rest. We have ridden about 280 miles after our stop in Salt Lake City. And we have about 280 more to go until we reach Denver on Sunday.

I am sad that in Denver we will lose some of the riders who have been with us since the beginning. I have felt like we are all a family these last four weeks and I will be sad to see them go. I also am having trouble believing how fast this trip is going. Although the pace of life is much slower the days seem to go so fast at times.

I really enjoyed our day off in Salt Lake, I slept in and ate a giant hamburger and smoothie. I am not sure what else the city had to offer but I left feeling satisfied. Maybe I will visit again someday...

I have had a chance to start reflecting some on this experience and I am realizing now that this trip is more about about mental and spiritual than physical. Sure my body hurts here and there but I can make it. We have ridden enough for me to know that I can ride any distance even if it takes a long time. However, as the miles tick by sometimes its hard to stay focused. To remember what and who I am riding for and how God could use me. I had a nice stretch by myself today and I was enjoying praying for my friends and family. Please let me know if there is anything I can be praying for. I am also praying about how God can use me on this trip and what He might like to do afterwards (although I hardly think about that with five and a half weeks left).

I had something else I wanted to write but I can't remember right now, so that will have to wait. Please keep praying for us and the adventure we are on! Thanks and happy late 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment