Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Washington, D.C. or Bust

I hadn't realized how long it has been since I have blogged but its been awhile. I haven't had much computer access and things have been a little busy. We are currently in Cumberland, MD with two ride days left. This adventure comes to a close on Sunday :( and I don't think I am quite ready to go home yet.

These last ten days have been pretty exciting. We had two work days, three 95 mile+ days, and traversed 4 states. Apparently, Ohio is the best of them but I am not sure that is true... I also had the chance to see some of my friends who live along the route which was a lot of fun. I am getting sad realizing that this adventure has almost come to an end. I love the group of riders that has shared this adventure with me. I think these are some of the most amazing and quirky people I have ever met. I am going to miss them and its going to be weird to return to "real" life.

This last week had been pretty trying because on Tuesday's ride while entering Wheeling, WV I was hit by a car. I am fine just a little bruised and disappointed. The driver cut me off to make a right turn, taking out the front of my bike, knocking me to the ground. They didn't stop but other drivers did. Thankfully, no one else was hurt and I walked away.This accident has not allowed me to ride my bike the last few days and I may only get to ride into D.C. depending on how sore I continue to be. I am super disappointed by this but thankfully that the crash was not worse. And my bike made it through just fine!

I am wondering how God is at work in all of this and how He will use this accident, this trip and the relationships developed on this adventure for His glory both now and in the future. I have been super blessed by this trip and getting to meet some of the coolest people who I would have normally never had the opportunity to meet. So I am thinking there will be much processing post FCBA 2011 to discern what is next for me. So while this adventure is almost coming to an end; the good news is another adventure is waiting!

More details, pictures and updates to come when I return to Pittsburgh. Thanks for your support and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment