Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Lessons Learned

Now that I have been home from the trip for about six weeks, I am starting to see a few ways this trip has changed me. I am still deeply treasuring the people and community of this trip. I think that community is something lots of people long for and I had the chance this summer to be a part of something special. I miss it! I like when people ask me about the trip because I get to remember some of the sweet moments from this summer. I have a few pictures in scenery that pop into my head almost instantly, as well. And if the opportunity presented itself, I would leave to rejoin the group almost immediately, especially if that downhill into Denver is included!

But the reality is that I have to get back to work and continue to become the woman I am called to be. This summer we had so little in someways. No TV, limited computer access and limited (at times) entertainment options. I miss that simplicity. I would gladly trade my TV "friends" for real ones. I am changed because I spent a summer with an amazing group of people who cared about serving others and love adventure.
 I have been thinking that may I should have waited until I was older to have adventures like this so that I wouldn't be ruined for the mundane...
 However, I think this trip has done that, in more ways than one.  I have been reminded through this trip how important serving others is, and that faith is more than knowledge but deeds, as well. Its not about doing good because we are earning something we deserve; its about saying thanks for getting something we don't. And because of this I have been reminded of some of the things God has placed on my heart as ways to serve Him. So for now, I have to make some sacrifices and get some experience, so that in the long run I will have the freedom to go and do whatever He calls me to do. I am excited to see what that ends up looking like! 

I don't know if I would have been brave enough to take this step of faith, if I hadn't had this journey. So that the mundane could be cast aside and the power of God revealed more and more. To be honest I am a little scared about what that could mean but if serving others and amazing community are even a little part of it, I am in! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qYAc4mNe8Q&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment