Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 2!

Today we finished our second day of riding bring us to Chehalis, WA! We left Seattle yesterday but not before going on a Ferry Ride!!! It is rumored that tomorrow we will arrive at the waters of the Pacific. I am thrilled that we will have an ocean view for much of our ride! That is much more water than I see in Pittsburgh, despite the Three Rivers. I am looking forward also to knowing that as long as there water is to my right I am traveling in the right direction.
 
Having my family here has been so enjoyable. We are beginning to get to know each other in ways that just aren’t possible when you spend a week together every other year. My Aunt and Uncle and I get to share life in whole new ways with the rest of the FCBA family.

I have met so many wonderful people and some real characters who I already knew from previous rides. I am continually amazed at how the group comes together and shares its time on this adventure, which I anticipate to develop more as we continue to travel.

I am praying that on this adventure God would reveal Himself to me so that I may become even more confident of who I am in Christ and grow up in Him. I don’t know how that will translate to informing my steps during and after this trip but knowing whose I am will only help me rest in becoming who I am.

Please pray for us and I hope your summer is just as much an adventure in growing up in Christ as I am sure this will be for me. Please let me know how I can be praying for you. I have plenty of time to pray while riding, for example today’s ride was 60 miles and it took about 4 hours. This isn’t a race but a chance to have an amazing time serving others so it would be an honor to be able to serve you, my supporters in this way.

Thank you!!! And talk to you soon!


2 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Sarah. Wish I could be there, too. Say hi to Turbo Tom and the geezer and Chris and Ivan and Carmen and Susan and whoever else knows me... Gosh, I'd love to be riding with you guys. Ride safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah, we've not met but I am a friend of Tom and Sher's and a fellow blogger. So glad you are keeping a blog during this time so we can keep current with the Bike Adventure. Please let your aunt and uncle know we are praying for all of you during this time and cheering with you. what a fantastic way to raise awareness for the Fuller Housing project and for shining your lights for Jesus. ride on!! :)

    ReplyDelete