Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Redwoods!!!


We have had the pleasure of riding through the Redwood Forests of Northern California that last two days and I have been in awe of these huge, ancient trees. If you haven’t had the chance to see a Redwood, I would recommend it.

The sight of these trees that are hundreds of years has got me pondering why God would create them. Why would God make a tree that would live for so many years? They are the oldest living thing I can think of and seeing and touching their rough bark makes me feel a little like a time traveler. I am romanticizing a bit but the question still remains. Why would you make these trees God? Or any of the other beautiful sights we have seen on this journey?

The answer that has resonated with me is because He could. Because these trees reveal His glory and His pleasure in revealing it to us.

Perhaps Psalm 19:1-4 explains what I am thinking best, “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.

I know that these verses don’t necessarily speak about trees but they are certainly declaring God’s glory to me so it seems fitting.

Well, that’s all for now from Redway, CA.  I hope your socks are getting blessed off in Christ! Please keep praying for us and sometime soon I will share some amazing facts I have learned from my Uncle Tom. Thanks Everyone for your support!  


No comments:

Post a Comment