Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

this summer

As I rode my bike the other day a sad realization came over me, I have had my Fuller Center Bike Adventure for the year. There will be no more Vanilla Oreo's from Tom (his blog) or cheeseburger updates from Kurt, I will get to sleep in a bed and be in the same place every night. And I won't have to eat my weight in bananas and peanut butter unless I want to. These may be simple examples but I am sad that I won't get to experience them this summer.

This is the first summer in three years that I will be home. I know that many wonderful adventures and opportunities to serve await me. But it won't be the same. There is something special about living in such close quarters, riding bikes and helping others that is uncommon in everyday life. Maybe that's because its so removed from everyday life.

Most of us have friends and family around but not to the degree of these trips. We normally have a little distance beyond sleeping, eating and breathing the same air as thirty others. But that is exactly what I am going to miss. My Fuller Center family.

We will ride together again and I will enjoy my summer at home. Yet, knowing they will be on the road without me pulls at my heart strings a bit. It helps me to remember what a treasure, challenge and blessing it is to be a part of this family.

So ride on my family and enjoy the adventure of serving others through cycling. I pray that your socks are blessed off in Christ and I will see you soon!

3 comments:

  1. I have short socks, so they are blessed off pretty easily. It will not be the same with out you Saaaaaarrrrrraaaaahhhhh. Whose bike will I hold? Who will give me a morning hug? It is not just anybody that will hug a DOM ya know. AND, I am not sure I will be able to replace you with anybody that could equal you in the "goofpot" department. Good luck with the promotion, and I am looking forward to reading your book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I will make sure to post any and all cheeseburger updates, directly to your profile on the facebook.

    It's because I care.

    You will be missed on the summer ride, but I'll do my best to keep Tom company. Hopefully, it won't come to blows before his week off...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for confirming my point. I will miss you lots!!!!

    ReplyDelete